OAK PARK PEDIATRICS – CORONAVIRUS PLAN
As coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread and the situation is evolving, we are encouraging everyone to practice social distancing. This involves limiting contact with persons outside your immediate home, people who are sick, elderly persons and other high risk individuals. Our primary goal as a community needs to be slowing down the spread of this disease.
Oak Park Pediatrics is continuing to monitor the situation and plans to update our response as warranted. In an effort to protect our patients, our staff, and the community we are making the following changes effective immediately:
- WALK-IN HOUR IS SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE- MUST CALL AHEAD FOR ALL APPOINTMENTS
- Same day sick appointments will only be available after 2:30 PM
- Appointments before 2 PM
- Check-ups/well visits/sports physicals.
- Non-sick follow up visits (ADHD, behavior concerns, infant weight checks, vaccinations).
- All non-sick appointments will be called ahead of time to ask screening questions in regards to exposure to COVID-19.
- Appointments after 2:30 PM
- Same day sick visits: ALL sick visits will need to be triaged over the phone prior to scheduling an appointment.
If your child is scheduled for a non-sick visit in the next few weeks and you would like to reschedule, please call our office.
FOR ALL APPOINTMENTS – please limit family members at well and sick visits to the child(ren) and one caregiver. No siblings or extra adults should accompany your child to our office.
Many urgent care facilities in the area are closed and we are urging our patients to avoid going to the Emergency Department without contacting us first. Please call our office during normal office hours to discuss any questions or concerns.
We are actively working on getting telemedicine services available for our physicians to see established patients for certain types of visits. This will allow visits and care to be done with less people needing to come through our office. This will help minimize the risk for exposure to more germs.
INCREASED OFFICE CLEANING
We want to ensure our patients that we are focused on keeping our office safe. In this regard, we are doing the following:
- Cleaning and sanitizing our office throughout the day.
- Removing toys/books/non-essential items in our waiting area and exam rooms.
- Using personal protective equipment for our staff.
STAYING UP TO DATE
Our team is closely following the recommendations of federal, state, and local health officials. We are actively monitoring the spread and risk of COVID-19. Since this information is rapidly changing we are encouraging our patients to monitor the following sources:
Thank you for your understanding during this time and for the opportunity to care for your children and our community. Know that we take our commitment to you seriously and are doing our best to continue providing you with the best care.