OAK PARK PEDIATRICS – CORONAVIRUS PLAN
Oak Park Pediatrics continues to adapt our protocols in response to COVID-19. Our primary goal is to continue to provide essential pediatric care while keeping our patients, families and staff safe.
1. WALK-IN HOURS WILL RESUME AUGUST 1, 2021 for established patients (Monday – Friday 8:15am – 9:15am)
2. Well care: Patients are encouraged to stay up to date on their yearly check-ups and all well infant visits. It is imperative that children remain up to date on vaccinations. This care is essential in pediatrics and we do not want to delay these important visits.
- OFFICE HOURS:
- MONDAY 8:15AM- 8PM
- TUESDAY 8:15AM- 5:30PM
- WEDNESDAY 8:15AM- 5:30PM
- THURSDAY 8:15AM-8PM
- FRIDAY 8:15AM-4PM
- SATURDAY 9AM-12PM
3. Acute sick care
**NEW PROTOCOL. We are phasing out telemedicine.
- Protocol for patients who have symptoms that could be consistent with COVID-19:
- Call office to schedule appointment and complete screening
- Please be on time for your appointment and check in at the front desk
- After check in completed you will be asked to wait in our side waiting area
- Nurse and physician will come to the room
- All needed testing and return to school/daycare notes will be done
- Non-COVID related concerns will be scheduled throughout the day
- ALL patients and families will be screened for symptoms and exposure prior to scheduling an in office visit
- COVID exposure: we will continue to use telemedicine for known exposures
4. COVID Testing:
- Our office has COVID antigen and PCR testing that we are doing daily
- Testing is done by a swab into the front part of the child’s nose
- COVID testing is done at the discretion of the physician.
- If you are triaged to a telemedicine visit due to COVID exposure:
- COVID testing time will be assigned
- Walk-up testing to 1109 door, testing is done by nurse.
- Testing results are available within 30 minutes
- You will be provided an information sheet after the visit to answer further questions about possible testing results
Non-COVID Related ACUTE CONCERNS
Please call our office first! We have developed protocols, patient screening and new procedures to continue to address all of our patient needs in a safe and efficient way.