OAK PARK PEDIATRICS – CORONAVIRUS PLAN
Oak Park Pediatrics has continued to monitor the coronavirus pandemic. Our primary goal is to continue to provide essential pediatric care while keeping our patients, families and staff safe. The following changes will continue through the summer.
- WALK-IN HOUR IS SUSPENDED – MUST CALL AHEAD FOR ALL APPOINTMENTS
- Same day sick appointments will only be available in the afternoon.
- Physicians are doing telemedicine appointments for acute concerns
- Well care: Patients are encouraged to stay up to date on their yearly check-ups and all well infant visits. It is imperative that children remain up to date on vaccinations. This care is essential in pediatrics and we do not want to delay these important visits.
- Scheduled from 8:15AM- 2:30 PM Monday through Friday and Saturday mornings. No sick children will be brought into the office during these hours.
- All appointments will be called ahead of time to ask screening questions in regards to symptoms and exposure to COVID-19. This will help us further prevent unanticipated exposure.
- Acute sick care
- Scheduled throughout the day as telemedicine visits
- Scheduled after 3PM for in office visits if indicated
FOR ALL APPOINTMENTS – please limit family members at well and sick visits to the child(ren) and one caregiver. No siblings or extra adults should accompany your child to our office.
Our physicians are doing telemedicine encounters to address any urgent concerns. Many urgent cares in the area are closed and we are urging our patients to avoid going to the Emergency Department without contacting us first.
We want to ensure our patients that we are frequently cleaning and appropriately sanitizing the office and equipment throughout the day. All of our staff has masks and other appropriate protective equipment to be used in all encounters. We have removed toys, books and other non-essential items from our office.
STAYING UP TO DATE
Our team is closely following the recommendations of local health officials. We are actively monitoring the spread and risk of COVID-19. Since this information is rapidly changing we are encouraging our patients to use the following sources:
Thank you for your understanding during this time and for the opportunity to care for your children and our community. Know that we take our commitment to you seriously and are doing our best to continue providing you with the best care.